Chinatown



For my first trip to Chinatown we decided to just walk around and see where the night took us.

We started at the Nice Green Bo Restaurant...We picked this place because of their name...My last name is Green and my nickname for my husband is Bo! It looks like a typical Chinatown joint. Clean but nothing fancy and packed full of people. 

We shared a few appetizers:

Wonton Soup
Egg Drop Soup
Egg Rolls
Soup Dumplings w/Pork (aka Steamed Tiny Buns w/Pork or Xiao Long Bao)



Wonton Soup & Egg Rolls


Soup Dumplings

When in Chinatown...drink Tsingtao!

The food was ok...but really nothing special.The waitresses were pushy and wanted to turn their tables. If you're looking for good food and fast service I would recommend this place. If you're looking for fabulous food and a relaxed environment, this is not your place!


We decided to move on and found the Shanghai Asian Manor. This place had cute decor and was cleaner and friendlier than most places in Chinatown. We ordered the Hot Pepper Shredded Beef and the Eggplant with Garlic Sauce. Both dishes were a little bit spicy and  both were very delicious. I would highly recommend this place!


Beef (left)  -  Eggplant (right)

 
A bonus...they accepted credit cards! A lot of places in Chinatown are cash only!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy and both places serve my favorite Chineese beer - bonus!!!

    ReplyDelete