V & T Pizzeria Restaurant



V & T’s has such an adorable history! Brothers Vincent and Tony Curcurato were working in an East Harlem pizza shop before going off to WWII!  When they returned in 1945 they opened V & T’s which featured homemade pizza pies and traditional Italian favorites! 


My husband and I have been hearing great things about V & T’s since we moved into the neighborhood and now I know why the bellies of Columbia students have been fed by V & T’s for years… The portions are huge and the prices are low! It reminds me the beloved Salvatore’s (http://www.salvatoresrestaurant.net/) where I had my first job…bussing tables! I loved the people, the atmosphere, and the food and V & T’s shares the same vibe!  The food is exactly what you’d expect from a long standing family owned Italian Restaurant and I’m sure it reminds everyone else of their hometown favorites as well!

Our waiter seemed a little cranky and was not the most attentive but to his credit we showed up pretty late and he was a cute old man so it may have been past his bedtime :) just kidding! He brought us some warm bread and butter to start.





We started with salads that were perfectly standard... super crunchy veggies and tangy Italian dressing.





Next we ordered our meals….Chicken Parm & Linguini for me and Chicken alla Mario for my husband. As I mentioned before, when the meals were delivered they were enormous!









Everything else we saw come out of the kitchen looked excellent, especially the pizza! Next time I'm at V & T's I'm going to give it a try! 




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment