Five Napkin Burger



We went here late in the day on the Monday after Christmas and the place was packed from the moment we got there. We only waited about 5 minutes before we were seated and we were starved! The four of us decided that we wanted to share so that we could try a bunch of things!

We started with two apps…the Deep Fried Pickles & Pastrami and the Hell’s Kitchen Wings...

The pickles were wrapped with pastrami, fried in a super thin tempura batter, and served on top of a bed of sauerkraut and drizzled with mustard oil. I’ve never ever tasted anything like them… they were very different and actually quite good! I would like to try these again sometime so that I can scrutinize them a little bit more...the flavors were so interesting together! I couldn’t tell you when the last time I had sauerkraut was, so I wouldn’t exactly label myself as a fan of it... but that was actually my favorite component of the dish!



 Deep Fried Pickles & Pastrami with Sauerkraut & Mustard oil

The wings were very good! I normally like my wings, extra extra crispy so when we ordered them that way our waiter told us how they are actually baked rather than deep fried. They were not as crispy as I hoped but the meat was so tender and delicious and it literally fell off the bone!  The wing sauce was delicious and not too hot but not mild either. I’d definitely get the wings again!

Hell’s Kitchen Wings


We also decided to share two burgers between the 4 of us! They were huge delicious burgers and sharing was definitely the way to go! They were super thick and cooked to perfection and the juicy goodness was soaked up by large fluffy buns. We went with the Original 5 Napkin Burger and the Bacon - Cheddar Burger.


Original 5 Napkin Burger is 10 ounces of custom ground beef, loaded with caramelized onions, gruyere cheese and a rosemary aioli, with a nice soft white roll. It was simply...amazing…one of the best burgers I’ve ever had! The gruyere was perfectly melted around the patty and the rosemary aioli was a subtle touch that really made this burger special (and I usually don’t even like rosemary!)


Original 5 Napkin Burger

We also tried the Bacon - Cheddar Burger which is also a 10 oz. custom ground beef patty with sharp cheddar, bacon, raw onion, lettuce & tomato on a soft white roll. This one had the delicious standard burger flavors...it was done very well! Nothing too fancy, just a HUGE, great burger!

Bacon - Cheddar Burger


A great meal all around! If you'd like a great burger and some non traditional bar food like those pickles, or sushi, or matzo ball soup, head over to 5 Napkin Burger! 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment