'wichcraft


'wichcraft is one of the many restaurants owned by celebrity Chef Tom Colicchio! Tom is the chef and owner of the Craft Restaurant Group (which includes Craft, CraftBar, CraftSteak, Colicchio & Sons, Riverpark, and 'wichcraft) You most likely know him as the head judge on Top Chef! Tom's other Craft restaurants are on the upscale side but ’wichcraft is Tom's chain of casual sandwich shops! There are several in here in NYC as well as in Las Vegas and San Francisco.





I went here for lunch with a friend...I ordered the 1/2 chicken salad sandwich and soup of the day, I went with tortilla soup and my friend ordered the pulled pork sandwich. I really liked the shop set up...there was a glass display at the counter and each sandwich was showcased so you could check them out before you decided!


My sandwich was absolutely delicious! The chicken salad had just enough mayo to keep it together but not too much! The pickled onions added a wonderful tangy vinegar flavor which was nice with the rich walnuts and sweet roasted tomatoes...the frisée rounded it out by adding a nice crunch! 



free-range chicken salad with
 walnuts, roasted tomatoes, pickled red onions 
& frisée on multigrain bread




My friend had the pork sandwich and also loooved it!! The jalapenos added a nice kick and the pork was tender and juicy! 



slow-roasted berkshire pork red cabbage, 
jalapeños & mustard on ciabatta roll




The soup however was a disappointment. I usually love tortilla soup but after a few bites of this one, I tossed it. There were soggy, tasteless, gritty tortilla strips at the bottom of the bowl. I picked them out but even after getting rid of that nastyness the overall flavor was completely bland. I added some crushed red pepper and salt to try and liven it up...after a few more bites I realized it wasn't worth it, and dumped it! 




The menu is pretty limited, I thought there would have been more options so I was also a little disappointed about that.  One other cool thing is that if you go to their website you can see where all of their ingredients come from! http://wichcraftnyc.com/food/#


My advice would be to stick with the sandwiches...seems like that's what they do best!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment