The Penny Farthing




My friend lives around the corner from Penny's and 5 of us went there for a quick dinner on a Monday night! There was a small crowd at the bar and it seemed like a nice neighborhood gathering spot!


Steak & Potato Flatbread with onions, spinach, provolone & truffle oil...

I was not expecting the potatoes on this dish to be mashed! I thought they'd be sliced super thin and baked on top. Although I was surprised by the appearance, the flavors were spot on and the steak was delicious!


 Butternut Squash Risotto with pancetta, squash, sage & shrimp...

I'm a total sucker for risotto, and this one did not disappoint! The squash, pancetta, and sage created wonderful fall flavors!


Fish N' Chips - beer battered cod, malt vinegar & tartar sauce...

The batter was nice and crispy and fish was so light and flaky! I'd recommend trying this if you ever come to Penny's!


Steak Frites - 12oz. NY strip steak served with fries...

The steak came out cooked perfectly and the little shoe string fries were unexpectedly really really good!!


Meatloaf with roasted garlic mashed potatoes & veggie of the day...

I've never ordered Meatlaof while out to dinner...and I must admit, the last time I made it at home it was an epic fail! Penny's meatloaf was quite good and you could actually taste and see all of the fresh veggies that were baked in!

Gastropubs in Manhattan are a dime a dozen...I wouldn't venture to say that Penny's is one of the best...but it's worth trying if you're looking for upscale "pub grub" in the East Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment