The Neighborhood


The Neighborhood is actually located in my neighborhood!

It's on 106 and Amsterdam...and lucky me! I'd been here for drinks before but I hadn't tried the food. I'd been hearing good things from friends so I was really happy discover another hidden gem in the upper upper west side J

I went with one of my friends and we ordered everything to share. We didn’t intend to order this way but we ended up taking a little "international tour" with our food choices!  We first tried the Curry Lamb Meatballs which are served over braised lentils and have a really nice Moroccan/Indian feel to them! Bold flavors and the lamb made great meatballs!



Next we tried one of their dinner specials...the Sea Bass Stew served in a lemongrass and coconut milk broth with, grapes, sugar snap peas and red bliss potatoes. An interesting combonation but it really had nice light and refreshing Thai flavors! Plus I usually don't like fruit mixed into my meals so I was happy that this really worked and it was fabulous!



The last thing we tried was another one of their specials... the Butternut Squash and Mushroom Risotto which was cooked beautifully and it was obviously brought right from the stovetop to our table...it was at the perfect consistency! It was deliciously cheesy and the rustic mushrooms and squash went so nicely together. A very classic Italian dish...done right!



The service was phenomenal and our waitress Mimi was a superstar! She knew everything about the menu and did such a wonderful job of explaining each item and answering all of our questions! She also went out of her way to recommend some wine pairings and brought 3 bottles to our table for me to sample. I decided on the 2008 Valsanzo Porkus Cerdo Con Gusto a Rioja and it was absolutely amazing. I’d never tried this wine before but it’s defiantly going on my list of favorites.

They also have great happy hour deals from 4pm to 7pm daily! House wines are only $5 a glass or you can get 6 oysters & a glass of champagne for $10!

If you are ever up in my neighborhood, I recommend you check this place out!

No comments:

Post a Comment