Choose your protein…chicken, beef, pork, vegetable, tofu or duck for only $7…or upgrade to shrimp or squid for $10!!
Then you can have it prepared the following ways:
· Sautéed with veggies in a basil sauce, garlic sauce, ginger sauce, sweet & sour sauce or prig khing (chili) sauce… served with jasmine or brown rice
· Sautéed with veggies in a curry sauce (red, green, panang, massaman or yellow)… served with jasmine or brown rice
· Sautéed with noodles (pad thai, pad see ew, tom yum noodle soup or drunken noodle)
· Sautéed with fried rice in a thai, basil or curry sauce
· With steamed vegetables served with jasmine or brown rice & side of peanut sauce
The meal also includes a Thai Salad and your choice of a Veggie Spring Roll or a Veggie Dumpling! Not a bad deal if you ask me!
The salad was nice, pretty standard with a yummy peanut dressing. And the veggie spring roll was filled with cabbage, carrots, celery and glass noodles and served with a plum dipping sauce. It was light and flaky and the perfect size to not fill you up before the rest of your lunch!
Thai Salad and Veggie Spring Roll
I chose the chicken with basil sauce which was modestly spicy and served with sautéed onion, basil, bell pepper & garlic. Thai basil is known for it's slight but unique licorice flavor which is quite different than the taste of regular sweet basil.
Chicken with Basil Sauce
My office also ordered some soup to share! We went with the Tom Yum Soup, which consists of chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers in a spicy lemongrass broth. The bold flavors in this soup come from the fragrant herbs that are standard in making the broth. It’s traditionally flavored with lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, lime juice, fish sauce and crushed chili peppers. I love the distinct hot and sour flavors!
Tom Yum Soup